Friday, March 9, 2012

Priorities

What happened? It's March 9th, and my last post was a few weeks ago! I had planned on doing at least a post a week, and usually two, but something else has come up to take up all of my free time.  That thing is Fitcharts. Fitcharts is a new project and that's what I've been working on.  I'm not going to go into too much detail about it, but I just wanted to mention why I've been away.  I am hoping to still post here, but with less frequency.  There are definitely things I want to write about, but I think I'm going to stick to more major events like race reports, but who knows.


River To Sea


This is from the end of our first team run.  Andy hurt his knee at the
end but still joined us for the last part. He's doing much better now!


I am so psyched for River To Sea!  I think we have our team at this point. Andy, Chris, Joe, Justin, Pete, Sachin and me. Hopefully everyone will make it uninjured and ready by the time it comes. We've been doing Sunday runs now for a couple weeks, and are about to do the third one this Sunday.  I think they've been going great, and are really bringing the team together. I've been trying to take a few pictures and video to document it so I'll put some of that up from time to time.  I'm hoping to edit it all together into one thing when it's all over.  I'm always giving myself more projects to work on!


Justin, Joe and Pete at the end of a nice 5.5 mile run.
A new distance PR for Joe! He did it with no problem!
Marine Corps


One last thing before I go.  Frank and Andy and I successfully signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon. You would think big deal, but it was a bit scary for a bit, because I had registered but Frank and Andy could not get in because Active.com (note, I am not linking to them) could not handle the requests! After a little while they did both get in.  It sold out in about 2 hours and 41 minutes! Which is a lot faster than I plan to complete the marathon in :)

3 comments:

  1. Well, I don't have much time to play around, but I see some real promise in fitcharts. And what an awesome grab for a domain name! Nice!
    I'm so happy that you have seven people for your R2C team, so I am going to fully commit to the HATR team now. They really want me to help them anyway since none of them have run it before but I'm not going to be the team captain.
    YES! We all got into Marine Corps Marathon. I'm deciding whether to get a hotel reserved now, or see about staying at our friends in the D.C. area. Jeannie and the boys will come out with me for this race, so we'll probably get a hotel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out! Yeah, I've been pouring all of my free time into it but I'm having a ton of fun learning ruby on rails.

      I'm glad that works out with the River 2 Sea team. You and I will both be captains. I'll tell you right now, that I am totally using that awesome spreadsheet you made for our team last year. I don't know if I will be able to be as good a captain as you. You have set a high bar.

      I'm totally psyched for Marine Corps! I think I may be staying with Andy who lives down there. Can't wait!

      Delete
    2. Dimitri, I've seen that once you put your time and effort into something, your results are amazing. I have no doubt you will be the best captain... ever, in the whole race... no, in all races! No no no... the whole world. Wait - the whole solar system... Heck, maybe even the whole Milky Way. Okay sorry, I got a little carried away. The whole galaxy may be a bit of a stretch but I'll stick with solar system. Good luck!

      Delete